Happy New Year

I am very excited to be sitting at Panera for the first time in a really long time and have the time to write, research and think. Sometimes I think I think too much, well, in fact I know I do. But I also know all of this thinking produces work, research and writing. So, therein lies the rub.

I am very excited to start working on the official launch of Reflections of a Mom ministry. Hopefully, by February, I will have a clearer picture of what that will look like. I can show you a a sneak peak into my new website. I am very excited about this. It is a work in progress, so if you see something that needs to change let me know.

Click HERE to take a look at my new website!

I am currently working on four different topics that I can present to moms, in all stages of life. However, since I am in the preschool years, right now, I have a lot of good stuff for moms just starting out and those in the throws of the first years of parenting. Just like me.

Intellectually, I can tell you about and help you with your teenager, but in truth, I have never parented a teenager. However, I do know the ONE who gives the ultimate in parenting advice, Jesus, and guess what? He never parented a teenager either. And he never parented, period. But, is He not the perfect picture of a parent and how he loves us, and that in turn helps us love our children.

If nothing else, it brings us to our knees. Something that has become increasingly clear to me the past few months. Nobody has all the answers to the deepest parenting fear, however, I can surrender to Christ and His authority in my life and become the PERFECT parent in HIM. For I am complete in Him. My identity is in Him and I have been given fullness in Christ (Colossians 2:10). That, to me, brings peace to my heart in knowing that even with my education and training, I don't have to depend on that to parent my children.

I don't have all the answers and I never will (praise God!). I can completely trust in Christ. Even when I fail and mess up, knowing that He has covered me and protected my children, in spite of myself.

Happy New Year! May God pour out His truth, power, strength to you as moms. He lavishes His love on us. Give Him your life, your fears, doubts and worries.

You can do ALL things through Christ!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: