Why do we choose fear?

I'm working on my breakout session for next week (continued prayers, please). And I wanted to ask a question....I posted something on facebook a couple of weeks ago, more out of my own deep thoughts than a real question, but I got some surprising answers. I am really hoping that you can help add to the discussion.

My question, although rhetorical at the time, was this, "what if we allowed perfect love to drive out fear"

So, I am going to post this everywhere and hope that you read this and will leave a comment. I won't name any names, but would love to hear the following:

1) What are you afraid of? What binds you in fear?
2)what if we allowed God's perfect love to drive out that fear?
3)why don't we?

Blessings and many thanks for your participation!!!
Susan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For me it tends to be when I find myself using the wrong measuring stick. When we don't use Christ and the Word of God as our measuring stick then we are using the world's distorted views of everything. When I find myself using the world's measuring stick I find the enemy using my fear of failure, self-worth, and worries overcome me. I think that not giving into fear is a choice. We live in a fallen world and we are sinful people so choosing perfect love is a choice and needs to be a daily choice. The more I choose the love of my Father in Heaven the stronger I am the less the enemy can use my fears and insecurities to make me feel trapped and powerless.

Great topic!