Nine Years and what do ya get???

....another year older and deeper in debt. Ha! That too, but we get to get awayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg and I are leaving this weekend to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary. Three nights with no kids. That also means three mornings with no kids. YIPPEE!!!! I will be sleeping in. No interruptions. Ahhh.... I know, it's sad isn't it? That not having kids and sleeping is what I am most excited about. Sex? Oh yeah, that too. But sleep.....#1 on the agenda (ok, maybe #2 or #3).

Having two small kids AND a good marriage require lots and lots of work. I probably don't need to tell you that, especially if you are married and have small kids. Marriage with kids is messy....and loud. Don't forget loud.

It's not perfect, and sometimes it isn't pretty, but at the end of the day, we are one. And we like each other, too. That is HUGE. Cause not all married people like each other. How frustrating would it be to be in a marriage where you didn't like the person you married? Happens all the time.Then they wait 20 years and decide to come to therapy to work on it. Oops. Most of the time it's too late by then.

Anyway, enough depressing news about the state of marriages these days. I am super excited. I am actually going to take a break from technology during this trip. I haven't even told Greg yet. Caregivers of our children will need to text him instead of me cause I won't be carrying my phone around all day. I am not going to say I won't be on facebook at all, but I am certainly not going to be checking it every 5 minutes on my phone. I am going to try and check it once a day, max. I'll let you know how that goes......

What do you do to invest in your marriage? Not everyone has access to family as babysitters and caregivers. Not everyone has the money to get away. But it doesn't mean you can't invest in your marriage. If you want to here me lecture  enlighten you more on this subject, go to last years post regarding our 8th anniversary trip. LOL. Seriously, I would be writing the same thing, so go HERE instead.


So see you on the other side.....hopefully I won't be going through facebook withdrawals!!!! :)

No comments: