Death of a friend

I have been out of pocket for a while. Last week one of my best friends died suddenly and unexpectedly. Her name was Roxanne. If you know me, that name probably sounds familiar as I am sure I have mentioned her a time or two. We didn't get to see each other often and our phone calls were inconsistent, but like all my friends that I have known for years, we could pretty much pick up where we left off.

Needless to say, I am very sad and still quite in shock. I was able to go to the funeral (in Canada of all places) and say goodbye. I wouldn't have missed that for anything.

I told Roxanne's parents that that was not the last time they would see me and they would meet their "adopted" grandchild, Carter! And they will. If you have never been to Prince Edward Island on the provence of New Brunswick, you really should. It is absolutely gorgeous. Greg and I will probably go on vacation there in the near future and stop in to see Rox's parents on the way.

So this is to you, old friend. Gone but not forgotten. I know you are smiling down on us from heaven. Enjoy every minute of it! We will have eternity to catch up.

No comments: