Carter's Halloween

Carter made it through Halloween this year with just a few meltdowns. I guess the terrible twos were inevitable! As you can see, Carter was a cow....a very adorable cow, I might add!!!






We went to a local park that was having a Fall Fest and met some friends there. Our friend Heather came along too. They had inflatables that kids could jump in and pony rides along with a REALLY, REALLY long line to get "the loot". Since Carter could have cared less about candy, we skipped the long candy line.

Carter went straight for the ponies. He wanted in the gate! Right then. He did not understand that you have to take a turn or that you can't just go up to something because you want to. Hence, meltdown #1. I got in line finally, and Greg distracted Carter as best he could until it was his turn.



Well, he only made around once and got really scared...meltdown #2. He wanted off that pony fast. I was trying to hold him and unbuckle him at the same time while staying at the head of the pony like the man had told me to! Thankfully, they stopped the ponies and I undid him.

Onto the inflatables. He had a great time in there until someone ran into him and he kind of got trampled. He was more scared than anyhting....meltdown #3.

After that we gave up and left the park. It was getting dark and we had pretty much seen everything.


Finally, we stopped by Grandpa and Grannie Mayo's house. Carter wasn't impressed with the two pieces of candy in his pumpkin so he threw them out!




We ended the night by going to Cracker Barrel and my very hungry boy ate his whole, half sandwich that I made him. Made me wonder if maybe all his tantrums were due to being hungry!!??

On the way home Carter was really quiet. I looked back in his seat and he was chewing on something. He had gotten a hold of his candy and was chewing the paper off and eating the chocolate. He had chocolate everywhere!! I died laughing but all it did was upset him cause he thought I was upset. He got over pretty quickly and I fed him the rest of his kit kat....after I cleaned him up!! Hee hee!!!

No comments: