Weepy

So I was sitting in the car in the pick up line at my son's school, like any other day. I don't know what came on me, but I got extremely sentimental watching all the kids come out to their parent's car. I see my son and he's talking to his friends. He's happy. He gets in the car and is all excited about getting a prize for the upcoming runathon at school. Before he came out I was reflecting on how great all the Kindergartner teachers are. They always have a great attitude and a smile on their face. I think about how to let them know that so I could encourage them.

I pull away from the parking lot at school and something occurs to me. I am a mom.

Now, I know that sounds crazy, because I am a mom. I have been a mom for a little over 6 years. Surely, this is not the first time this has occurred to me. I really don't know what came over me. It just hit me in a wave. I. Am. A. Mom. Wow.

What an honor. What a privilege. I get to experience this. I feel very humbled and extremely blessed.

I don't always feel this way. I usually dread the car line at school. Not because I am selfish or don't want to pick up my child, just that I am rushed and multi-tasking and picking up the kids takes time out of the many things I have to do during the day.

This is my first week not having to travel to Nashville for work. I am only working one day this week in town at my new counseling position. I think, for me, that makes a huge difference in my stress. I don't know.

Of course, I did fall last night and twist my ankle. Maybe it's the pain meds. (LOL).

Nah, I am very blessed and my heart is just overflowing with love for these two boys (who happen to drive me very crazy sometimes).

Love them. Love this life. Thank you, Lord!! Thank you, Lord for reminding me of these great gifts. Even if it was the car line at school.

No comments: