My Review of Bread and Wine

I am fortunate to be able to review books for booksneeze.com. Free books. What's not to love?

When I saw this book available on the booksneeze website I snatched it as quickly as I could. I had read on blog of someone else talking about it a few weeks ago. So, here we go.

Bread and Wine is written by Shauna Niequist. This is Shauna's third published work. I have not read any of her previous books but I am planning to as soon as I can get my hands on them.

There were so many things in this book that resonated with me. I think if you are a woman, and have gone through any kind of struggle (I mean, who hasn't?), it will resonate with you. It will especially resonate if you have body issues, food issues, and/or fertility issues....I have/had all three. So, I cried when I read the chapter entitled "Hunger", "Enough" and "Meeting Mac".

Along with the short chapters filled with meaningful vignettes that include emotional, painful, joyful and funny moments of Shauna's life,  we get recipes. Lovely, yummy recipes. Another thing I loved were the quotes added at the beginning of each chapter. After I finished reading this book, I wanted a crusty baguette, with some tasty, smooth cheese and a big glass of wine.

This book is full. Full of good food, warm words and meaning. This book makes you want to slow down and enjoy life with friends, with community. It will touch you and resonate with you on some level, even if you haven't gone through what Shauna has gone through. Her writing is easy, but it holds your attention.

I would recommend this book to anyone. I am already thinking about who I want to give copies to. It was great. You need to go out and get a copy.



Disclaimer:BookSneeze provided a complimentary copy of this book for review;opinions expressed are my own

No comments: