Greg made it to Haiti.

I was able to talk to him very briefly today. I have to admit I dislike not being able to pick up the phone and talk to my husband any time I want. It stinks.

He had one more 30 minute plane ride to the town they are staying in for the week, but I don't know if I will get to hear from him any more today.

He says it is very hot and humid (very much expected it to be) and that they spent about two hours riding around in a bus touring the city and viewing all the devastation. All in all, about 75 percent of Port au Prince was destroyed.

I am glad he is there but I wish he was home. I know he is there for a reason but it still doesn't make me not want him here any less. I know his life will be changed by this trip and so will mine.

I am just going to try and take it day by day. I am not worried about him, I know he is safe and will return home safely, but it doesn't mean I like it that he is in Haiti.

The boys have done great the past day and a half. I know I can feel the prayers of many and they are very much appreciated.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Susan- Is he there on a mission trip or something else? I have missed you on facebook is all well?
Take care and glad I found your blog. I will keep up with you through the blog. Love from Angela

Unknown said...

Hi Angela,

Yes, Greg is on a mission trip to Haiti through our church. It is a construction trip. Our church is building an orphanage in Haiti. We started raising funds before the earthquake. They are in a smaller town outside of Port au Prince.

I gave up facebook for Lent, but felt it was important to reach a lot of people to pray for Greg as he left for Haiti, and then to let everyone know he got there OK. I will be back on facebook after Lent. I have missed it, but it has been good to get away. I will be updating a lot this week on my blog about Greg's trip. Our communication is quite hindered, but hopefully we will get to communicate by email if they can get the internet working.

Take care!

Pamela said...

Hey Susan,

I am praying for you and Greg and the boys. I can't imagine going that long without Tony.....although he will experience it when I go to Haiti in July. You have accepted a great mission from God to be selfless enough to give up Greg for a whole week and to be brave enough to take on double parenting for a week. But I know you're gonna be great!!! I can't wait to hear about Greg's experience AND YOURS!!! What an awesome God we serve. Good luck!! God bless!!

Pamela