There is a time and season for everything....

My husband is watching a very, VERY bad end-of-the-world type movie. Ugh. I could go in the other room and watch something else, but the movie is SO bad that it's hard to take my eyes of off it completely. Of course, my husband is intrigued by it, all the while making fun of the impossible, near death experiences this family seems to keep overcoming over and over again.

So I decided to blog about my big boy's birthday this past week. Forgive me for waxing sentimental, but my baby is now SIX.

I really don't have a lot of words to express how I feel. I am very thankful that I am a mom. I know it's the hardest job I have ever had, being a parent, and sometimes I feel very inadequate to be in "charge" of someone elses life. But, I talk about that a lot, no need to rehash my shortcomings. I am thankful they are covered! I don't have to be Carter (or Griffin's) perfect parent. I gave up on that a long time ago. I just need to be me, keep working on me, and be on my knees....A LOT! If nothing else, parenthood keeps you on your knees.

So, I started looking at pictures and decided to just do a timeline of his past birthdays. Starting with the day of his birth, his official "birth" day.


Here we are. A family of three. January 16, 2006. I had no idea how tired I could be....





Here is a very excited one year old. He really didn't get into his cake...we had to stage it. LOL.




It was so hard picking a picture for this one...but here he is at 2!





Okay, so this is not a picture of his actual birthday party, but this is how we found him sleeping in his toddler bed the night before his birthday. Too cute. My busy little boy, always moving, even in his sleep




This is Carter turning 4 and boycotting our singing happy birthday to him. LOL. This is classic Carter.

Awww.....was this just last year? Carter at his party with the cow from Chick fil A.




And this was this past weekend. He looks so big. He talks so big. He's in Kindergarten. He's learning write. He can read. He has lots of friends. And he's doing great.


Amazing. Blessed. See, the words just don't really, can't really, express what I feel.


I just feel love. Big love. Love I don't deserve. Love I want to treasure more.


Life isn't perfect. But, I'm not complaining. I am amazingly blessed and very thankful for this season....even if it sometimes sounds otherwise!


There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven. Ecc. 3:1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pics were great. Kathryn is in the back of Cater's 2nd birthday pic in her red overalls and I can't believe how small she looks. This was a great post and you are so right we are truly blessed!