Time for a change

Don't worry. I haven't given up on being a stay at home mom yet. That is not the change I am talking about. I need to change my focus on this blog. Greg and I had lunch with a friend last week, Henry. Henry has been on stage, well, practically his whole life. He and his wife Elizabeth have a handsome boy named Pierce. Pierce has spina bifida. Anyway, Henry has started speaking about his life with Elizabeth and the journey they are on with Pierce. If you want to read more about their lives and if you need an inspiring speaker, give Henry a call. Here is a link to his website. http://www.henryjernigan.com/.

Anway, at this lunch I was specifically talking with Henry because he has been on stage, he has been in the background promoting, marketing. He has A LOT of experience and I felt I could glean from his wisdom. I know he feels like he did a alot of talking but I was listening and I feel that God was speaking to me through him.

One of the things that I hear over and over is "you need to write". Which is part of the reason I have a blog. The only thing is, I seldom blog. I need to blog on an almost daily basis. Okay, I know, I need to be blogging DAILY! I need to write more about the parenting stuff I want to do. Share some of my experience. So that is what I intend to do.

Don't worry. There will be plenty about Carter and being at home with him. But I want to focus on more of what I feel God is sharing with me, how He is growing me, and how, hopefully, I am being obedient and He is being glorified. I also want to write more on parenting. How I got to where I am. How the way I was parented shaped the person I am today, the good and the bad. And hopefully show you how you can be a better parent!

So, if you see me seriously slacking on the blog, let me know. If you want to hear something specific about parenting issues, let me know. My next blog I will explain a little more about my professional background and why I am even talking about helping you become a better parent.

It all starts with your family and your self....

No comments: