CRUISE!!

Greg and I got back from our cruise Friday. It was wonderful, if you have never gone cruising, I highly recommend it!!!! We traveled to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral on Royal Caribbean. It was COLD when we left Port Canaveral. Really! Record 25 year lows. Miami had temps in the high 40's on Tuesday. Uh, huh. So I put a note to self never to go to the Bahamas in November. We don't really have good fortune when we travel in November. I seem to recall a business trip for Greg to St. Thomas, Virgin Islands in November Of course I travelled with him, hello? St. Thomas, do you think I would pass that up? Well let me sum it up this way: rain, food posioning, humidity, being stuck in the hotel all the time while Greg worked while it rained, and did I mention rain????????????? Our May, June trips are much better. Think we will stick to that time of year.

Anyway, I digress. We landed in Nassau, Bahamas on Wed. and the weather was finally great, windy, but great. Nassau reminded me a lot of St. Thomas, except no rain of course! Ha! The shopping was fun and we took a water taxi over to Paradise Island. In the 60's my dad helped build a hotel on Paradise Island, it is long gone, and now there is The Atlantis...oh, my.....what a hotel. If I were to go back to the Bahamas, that is where we would stay. It was fabulous walking around in there, it is MASSIVE and EXPENSIVE! Oh, well. Very blue waters in Bahamas. Thursday we made our way to Royal Caribbean's private island, Coco Cay. An even more gorgeous day than Wed. It was warm and sunny! The Island is great, lots of things to do. Greg and I ate lunch, walked on the beach and then layed in a hammock until time to go. The agenda for this vacation was to relax and that is what we did-relax. And there is nothing like relaxing in a hammock. And I didn't even fall out!

The best part of our vacation was coming home to see Carter. Greg's parents watched Carter for us while we were gone. Do you know how expensive it is to call from ship to shore?? Let me tell you, A LOT!!!!! We called every day anyway. But he did fine. He was great. He was sooooo happy to see us and we were ecstatic to see him.

We have had a good weekend. Carter is sick so we stayed home from church today. He will go to the doctor tomorrow. :-(

Anyway, that is our vacation in a nutshell. I will try and post some pictures when I get them uploaded.

Have a great week!!

No comments: