You have heard of the saying "waxing poetic", well today, I am going to wax sappy! LOL! I am going to be sappy because we had some dear friends in from out of town this weekend and it was WONDERFUL having them here. We had just visited them three weeks ago, as you might have read in a previous post. I have permission to post pictures of their beautiful daughter. Which I will do in another post.
Remember, we had pictures of Carter and Anna, their daughter, done while visiting them. Anyhoo....I will try and post Carter and Anna's pre-engagement pictures!!! HEE HEE! We are planning their marriage. Yes, it will be arranged. Ha! Don't believe me for a second. But it would be cute if they did get married and they had their first portrait done before they were age 2.

Anyway, the weekend was full of emotion and exhaustion! Friday we spent time at Sean and Heather's house with our other friends visiting from out of town. When we got home from that party, Greg had to go back out and fix a flat tire for a friend, then, he got voice mails regarding some incidents that occurred at some property that we own. It was after 1:00 when we got in bed. Saturday, we decided to let Carter stay at Grandma and Grandpa Mayo's overnight so we could re-charge. Then Sunday, I taught my parenting class, and we came home had lunch and then prepared for Steve and Marsha's BBQ/baby shower.

Everything went well except for little Carter. Greg picked him up from his parent's Sunday afternoon and he immediately went down for a nap and he did not wake up happy! In fact, Carter was not himself the whole party. It was quite frustrating, we could do nothing to please him and he cried a lot and was inconsolable. Let me tell you, there is nothing more frustrating when you child can not communicate to you what is going on.

Well, it turns out that Carter had a high fever. Once the majority of the party people left, I checked on him and he felt really, really warm. I took his temp and it was 103.5. Needless to say, I freaked out. He has never had a high fever in his life, even with an ear infection. We called the doctor's office and of course, it was not an emergency and they told us what to do. He got up once in the night but overall, he is back to his old self. He does still have a fever so I guess we will go to the doctor tomorrow.

After the party we were able to say goodbye to our friends and pray over some of our other friends. We are commanded to love one another and to carry each other's burdens and intercede for each other. It was a wonderful experience overall.

As exhausting as the weekend was it was filled with wonderful memories! Memories that will last a lifetime.

Thank you God, for wonderful friends!
Post a Comment