It's been a while...

We were sick last week. I finally went to the doctor today and got antibiotics for a possible sinus infection. Carter is NOT SLEEPING through the night. We have maybe had one or two nights where he has slept through since he was sick last week. We had one night where he was up three times. The past two nights he has awakened around 5:00 am. We are very spoiled. Carter is a GREAT sleeper. He has slept through the night since he was 8 weeks old. He only has issues with waking in the night when he is sick or teething. Believe it or not, the ear infection has caused very little of his waking. He has been teething like a madman. He drools more now than he ever did when he was first cutting teeth. I guess I would too if I had molars splicing through my skin. Ouch!!!

Today he woke up at 4:50 and my wonderful husband got up. I had my earplugs in blocking the noise from the annoying birds so I didn't wake up until Greg was already out of the bed. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep. Remember, I told you about those annoying spring time birds? Somewhere between 4-5 AM I wake up, reach over on my nightstand and search for a bright orange ear plug. I can do it with my eyes closed. Good thing, since it is still dark with only the light of my digital clock radio shining in my eyes. Then I stick the ear plug, only one, in to block the incessant chirping outside our window. If I happen to roll over, I actually change the ear plug from one side to the other in my sleep. Yeah, I know, that is really sad. But what am I to do? I can't go outside shooting the birds like the Julia Robert's Father character in Steel Magnolias. Although, I really wish some birds would just DIE.

Anyway, I digress. This morning Greg got up with Carter. Carter did not go back down. On the way to mother's day out he fell asleep in the car. I rode around for 10 extra minutes so he could get some sleep. He took an 1 hr and 40 minute nap at "school" (AKA: mother's day out). I went to a health food store to get something someone recommended to help Carter get back into the routine of sleeping through the night. At this point, I will try anything for SLEEP!!!! So we'll see if it works. I will keep you posted.

The wear and tear that the lack of sleep has on a person is beginning to show on Greg and I (ie: GROUCHY). We get 'short' with each other. But it is all okay, because we always put a 'honey', at the end of what we are saying. Tonight I was trying to print a file from our newly updated Microsoft Office. I attempted to print and it printed blank. Greg came over. We each had opinions about how to fix it. I asked him why it printed the way that it did. He replied, "That's what I am trying to find out, honey", with a sigh and the sound of irritation in his voice. Then I got all frustrated when he had to sit there and figure out how to get it to print. I thought he was taking too long and wondered why he just didn't take my advice and highlight the material, hit print, then click 'selection' to only print the highlighted section. Seemed simple to me. But no, he had to sit there and dissect the problem. Instead of communicating my impatience to him I simply walked away and started working on my project with the information I had already. I knew if I said anything it would be with a 'tone' which would only lead to more frustration and ill words when we don't really mean them. Eventually, Greg brought me my file printed. The only thing is, next time I have to print, I still don't know how to do it. Hmmmm...oh, well, maybe we will have had more sleep the next time I have to print something and I won't get all impatient when he has to show me how to do it.

No comments: