Well...now I have seen everything!

Imagine my shock and surprise at today's Oprah show.

Apparently, there was a woman, who "became" a man and now he(she) is pregnant.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200804/tows_past_20080403.jhtml?promocode=HP21

I have to ask, why is it that I, what I would call a good, Christian person, in a loving marriage with a "real" man, has three miscarriages and this couple can do this? That is just a little anger coming out. Kind of like, why do people who can't afford or want children seem to have them and then abuse them? Another thing that makes me angry, but I digress from this amazing story.

This couple came on national television and told People magazine their "story". He "became" a man but kept his reproductive organs and he says that he doesn't view wanting to have a baby as a male or female thing, he just knew he wanted to do it. All they want us to think is that this is completely normal. Read the transcript (or listen to the show) and you will see the undertones of tolerance.

The bottom line is, this is not really a man. He was created a woman and has all the female reproductive organs. They had a sperm donor. It is really not all that unusual. He just looks like a "man" and has had testosterone and surgeries to complete the "process".

I know some may think I am not being "tolerant" but the message being preached on this show is extremely scary to me to think that our world is coming to this and that it is being accepted and I am considered intolerant because I view it as wrong.

Okay, rant over. My mouth, however, is still wide open. It is an amazing story

2 comments:

Katie said...

I saw part of that story on Oprah at the gym on Thursday (it was on in the locker room). I can see why your mouth is hanging open. I hope that the baby is at least healthy and doesn't have issues later on from its "dad" having testosterone treatments (besides whatever emotional issues may come up). I found an article online the other day that addressed this concern, but can't find it now.

t marie said...

The fact that this WOman is pregnant isn't amazing at all. What is amazing is that everyone claims she is a man.

You aren't being intollerant, just intelligent.